Jill Towers FGA, DGA, BSc, is a highly qualified Gemmologist and experienced jewellery Valuer. She also is keen to pass on this wealth of knowledge and experience so is an active Tutor and Lecturer in Gemmology to the jewellery trade, gemmology students and to members of the public.
- B.Sc. Bachelor of Science in Geology (NZ) 1999
- F.G.A. Diploma of Gemmology (Gem-A, UK) 2002
- D.G.A. Diploma of Diamond Grading (Gem-A, UK) 2004
Jill is actively involved in her profession and is an Office Bearer for several
valuation and gemmology organisations, both in New Zealand and abroad.
- GANZ - Committee Member and President (6 yrs) of the Gemmological Association of New Zealand
- AIJV - Member of the Association of Independent Jewellery Valuers (Worldwide)
- JVS - Jewellery Valuers Society of New Zealand (Committee Member)
- Gem-A - Fellow and Tutor for the Gemmological Association of Great Britain
- JWNZ - Member of Jewellers and Watchmakers of New Zealand