An Introduction of Gemmology
One-day courses held throughout the year in Auckland.
- Passionate about gemstones?
- Like to be better informed?
- Want plenty of hands-on learning?
- Keen to find out what Gemmology is all about?
Then this introductory course is perfect for you and can lead you to further studies and ultimately a world recognized qualification
The Tutor, Jill Towers FGA, DGA, BSc, is a qualified Gemmologist and also holds a diploma in diamond grading. She owns and runs a jewellery valuation business, N.Z. Jewellery Valuations Ltd based in Auckland. Jill is a committee member of the Gemmological Association of New Zealand, a Tutor for the Gemmological Association of Great Britain (Gem-A) and is keen to introduce more people to the fascinating study of gemstones.
You will have access to more than 400 gemstones over the one-day study period. These courses are open to participants from the jewellery industry as well as members of the Public. Class places are limited to 5-6 students.
- What does a Gemmologist do?
- Stones from the In-organics
- Stones from the Organics
- Imitations and composites